Sunday 1 April 2012

The Hunger Games

Today I'm going to talk about a book I read called The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. This book is based in the ruins of North America, now a nation known as Panem. In Panem, There are 12 outlying districts. Each year, each district has to send one boy and one girl between the ages of 12 and 18 to the annual Hunger Games, A fight to the death in a giant arena that is broadcast to every home in Panem on live TV. When Katniss Everdeen, a sixteen year old girl from district twelve, hears that her sister has been selected to compete, Katniss desperately volunteers to take part in the Games to save her sister's life. To win the Games and see her family again, Katniss must weigh survival against judgement, and make choices to save her life.

I give this book a 9 and a half out of ten for it's original plot and It's interesting characters (nice character names too...Peeta,Katniss,Primrose,Cato,Glimmer...).

I think this book is for for 11-20 year olds, because its very violent and gory, and I've heard the movie is the same.

More in the series: Catching Fire, Mockingjay

To find out more please visit thehungergames.wikia.com or 

Available at every bookstore.          

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jake,
    Both Uncle Jo and I have read The Hunger Games series and really enjoyed it. Love your blog!!
    xo
    Aunt Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such information. This is really helpful for me. You can also visit my blog Blogs for Women

    ReplyDelete