Friday 16 March 2012

The Son of Neptune

Today, straight from Panama, I want to talk about a book I read called The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan.
This book is primarily about Percy Jackson, who has woken up after months of endless sleep, not remembering any of his previous life at camp Half-Blood (read the Percy Jackson series). After searching for weeks, Percy stumbles across Camp Jupiter, which seems to be the roman equivalent of camp Half-Blood, but having amnesia, Percy cannot remember a thing. He soon meets Frank, the honest oaf who no one bats an eyelash at, and Hazel, who has a secret almost as big as Percy's previous life to himself. But when people, strangely,stop dying when they are killed or mysteriously "come back". They soon seem in position to partake in a quest to Alaska, the land beyond the Gods, to unleash Thantos/death from his chains Hazel, Frank, and Hazel start to reveal secrets that change their lives.

I give this book a 10 out 10 for its adventurous plot and Rick Riordan's amazing writing skills!

I think this book is for 9-13 year olds, but I've been reading Rick Riordan's books since I was 8.

More in the series: The Heroes of Olympus vol.1: The Lost Hero, also check out the Percy Jackson series.



P.S. Sorry for the short post, I'm on vacation in Panama (also not on my normal time : p)



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to make a post while on vacation. I look forward to reading all your posts. They are sooooo interesting. Are you sure you are only 10??

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Camp Jupiter...Alaska, the land beyond the Gods"...amazing! I can see why you gave it a 10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such information. This is really helpful for me. You can also visit my blog Blogs for Women

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts. Can you recommend any other <a href='http://microniche.world/best-niches-for-affiliate-marketing/>Niches for Affiliate Marketing</a> blogs that go over the same topics? Thanks a ton!

    ReplyDelete