Friday 15 June 2012

CROWN BROTHERS

Hi guys, first off I just want to say I'm really sorry about the recent lack of posts, I've just been very busy and now that summer is coming, (WOOHOO!) I'll be able to recommence posts as I did before. So onto today's post.




Today I'm going to be sharing a snapshot of a book I am writing called CROWN BROTHERS, which is set in the medieval times and is about two royal twins, one receives the crown and the other starts a rebel group to take him down.This will also be a project I will be working on over the course of the summer. So here it is:


Ruthen's eyes filled with tears as he watched the crown being placed atop his brothers head. Knox had always been the family favourite, always gotten what he wanted. That pet salamander on their seventh birthday, that new horse on their 14th. And know he was becoming ruler of the kingdom. Growing up, Ruthen had always dreamed of the moment the gleaming jeweled crown of Knowdale would be placed upon his jet black hair."That crown should be mine!" thought Ruthen, tears pooling on the brim of his crooked nose. He fealt like a tiny beast was ripping his heart into small peices. He wanted the beast to come out and knock Knox's stupid smile off his face. But he knew he coulden't, not now, not with all these people around. "But one of these days," he thought," It will have to escape."  


If later on you want to know more about this project, let me know in the comment section below!

3 comments:

  1. Cool stuff Jake. Writing can be hard unless or until you can get into a "zone." You'll know when you're there -- the ideas will flow and it'll be challenging just to keep up. My advice is to set aside a regular time when you will do this and then keep to your schedule. If you want to write, you can't just do it when your "feel like it." You have to make a commitment to yourself and then follow through. Good luck with it.
    Love, Granpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake;
    What a great concept...loved the opening paragraph. Keep at it! Grandpa is right. To write,you need personal committment and dedicated time to your work. Can't wait to read the whole storey.
    Love
    Grandad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda Hamilton27 June 2012 at 12:57

    Hi Jake,
    You are an amazing writer. I echo your Granpa and Grandad! I enjoyed the intro and can't wait to read the whole thing! The Crown Brothers is a wonderful concept and it is going to be fun watching the plot unfold. I am so proud of you.

    Enjoy your summer and keep writing!

    Love
    Nanny

    ReplyDelete