Wednesday 10 October 2012

I'm Back!/The River of No Return

    Hey guys! Long time no see! I've been sort of slacking for a while now,(a looonnggg while) and I've decided to get back into this. This is because of a couple of reasons;
1. I found out a library in Ontario is now using my blog as a resource! 
2. I was running out of excuses to the question "Where did your blog go?"
3. I missed you guys!
Anyway, to the post!

    Hey guys, today I'm going to be talking about a book called The River of No Return by J&P Voelkel. You may remember my first ever post was a review of the book Middleworld by J&P
Voelkel. This book is the third of the same series, the Jaguar Stones trilogy.
    
    This book starts with Max on a seemingly normal vacation in Venice, until his father gets a phone call from the university that funds all their architectural digs requesting they relocate to San Xavier. Max tries to relax on the beach and enjoy being back in the company of Lola, until the death lords get back to their old tricks, specifically making Max and Lola do their dirty work. Even more specifically using them to get the white jaguar stone. But this time Ah Pukah, lord of painful and unnatural death, pulls out all the stops, including an undead army and The Grand Hotel Xibaliba. But he's just getting started...

I give this book a 8 and 3 quarters out of ten, because I love how original and creative the plot line is, but tis' not as good as Middleworld.

Genre: Action, Mystery, Adventure

To find out more please visit this website!

Available at select bookstores*.

*This series is harder to come by in Canada.

3 comments:

  1. I think it's really cool that your doing a book blog. And for your next book review, you should do a Percy Jackson book (I love that series! I've read every book at least twice). My blog by the way is britishobsessed.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion British Obsessed! I will definitley do one of those books next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Jake! Glad to see you writing again. Keep it up. Congrats on your library blog link! That is a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete