Sunday 12 February 2012

Knights of the Lunch Table: The Dodgeball Chronicles

Today I'm going to talk about a graphic novel I read called Knights of the Lunch Table: The Dodgeball Chronicles by Frank Cammuso. This story is a new age version of the legend of Arthur of Camelot, Artie King, is the new kid at Camelot Middle School, so his life already isn't that fun. But by lunch period that day, Artie King already has a load of enemies, including the super mean principal, and the bully gang at the school, the Horde, but also a couple of friends, Percy, Wayne and the cool science teacher, Mr.Merlyn. On top of all that, Artie has been assigned a old locker that nobody has opened for years. But strangely he can, striking the nerve of the main bully in the school, Big Mo. He challenges them to a do-or-die dodgeball game. LOSERS. GET. CREAMED.

I give this book a 7 out of 10 for its funny characters, but I also think they should have made some more references to the Camelot legend ( Some form of the knights of the round table, maybe?).

Genre: Comedy, Adventure

I think this book is for anyone 7-13, even though the author says it's for 9-12, my 7 year old sister Meg really enjoyed it.

More in this series: Knights of the Lunch Table 2: The Dragon Players, Knights of the Lunch Table 3:The Battling Bands

To find out more please visit: Cammuso.com

Available at: Chapters, Indigo, Barnes and Noble,and all internet buying sites are listed on cammuso.com

One last thing, I'm really sorry guys but there will be no new blog next weekend :( .

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such information. This is really helpful for me. You can also visit my blog Mom Blog Names



    ReplyDelete